The best tools I know to develop your 3D design skills
I have put together some of the best tools and resources help you develop your 3D design skills. I only recommend things that I genuinely believe in.
3D Design Software
- Cinema 4D | One of my main production and design tool
- Blender | I haven’t used it much but it has great potentials
- SketchUp | I use it from time to time but only as a support software
- Photoshop | I use it all the time. It is one of a 3D designer’s most invaluable tool
- Illustrator | I use it to mostly draw complex vector shapes and logos for C4D
- InDesign | Great for putting presentations together
Motion Design Software
- After effects| If you create animations. AE also integrates very well with C4D
- Final Cut| This one is my favourite for editing shots
General Web stuff and software
- Squarespace | Easy website design tool for creatives.
- WordPress | This site was created using WordPress. It’s simple and very flexible.
- Evernote | Keeps track of your inspirations, ideas and memos as you work on your 3D design projects
- Trello | Online Project management tool
- Quicktime player | I do screencast recordings with it. An quick and easy feature most people never use.
- Pano2VR ! A small software that creates virtual tours that can be shared online.
Books you’ll like
- Linchpin | This book outlines what it takes to be indispensible
- Good strategy bad strategy| Want to know the difference between good and bad strategy? this book will show you.
- Made to Stick| This book will show you how to make your ideas stick.
- Insanely simple|This one will make you obsess about useful simplicity
- The creative economy | About the creative economy and how people turn ideas into money
- Growth hacker | A great book on the future of marketing